Friday, May 26, 2006

Missionaries like Bicycles

Praise God! He is SO GOOD!
He proves His faithfulness to all those who honor and love Him!

I recently returned home from Mississippi. I had a great time with family and friends. I got hugs and kisses from my nephew, Will; and most of all, I discovered the joy of having him know my name, and call it frequently, with his 1 1/2 year old twist: "Mamy!" {smile}

Beyond that most precious time with Will, I had an amazing time with family. God is so good, in all the details. The trip was a perfect length, giving sufficient time for relaxed walks around the neighborhood with my parents and the dogs, something that really felt like being home. We also had some of my aunts, uncles, and cousins over for Mother's Day. That was great for me.

I was also able to participate in a core group meeting of the new church plant that my parents are leading, called Crosspoint Church. They are courageously being obedient to God's call to expand the kingdom. Please pray for them. As is obvious by my "profession," I believe in church planting!

Beyond my time with family, the time in Mississippi was used for some building more support for my ministry. I had the joy of meeting with the pastor of North Park Church, of Meridian, to discuss DCPI, as well as worshiping Sunday with Crossroads of Life Church in Byram. And God gave me an added bonus of being able to worship Sunday night with several of the home groups of DaySpring Community Church in Clinton, where I was given a few minutes to update my church family there on what God is doing through my life here in California.

In addition to work and family, I was blessed with time with my family at Wesley Biblical Seminary. I was even honored with being able to carry a flag in their graduation ceremony, in a procession of flags of the nations. I carried the flag of Beliz.

Through it all, the time with family, friends, and my brothers and sisters in Christ showed me how truly faithful and loving our God is.

And! I decided that since I live only about 3 miles from work, I should ride my bike to work to save money on gas ($3.30/gallon here!)...the only catch is that I don't have a bike! But the Lord is good in all things, even these little details! I asked Him to help me find someone willing to donate a bike to me for the ministry. So...Tuesday at worship team practice I announced my need and one of my fellow singers, Ron, said he'd give me one of the many in his garage! Praise the Lord! I now have a great 21 speed bike to ride to work! Thanks, Ron! Many missionaries around the world speak of their need for bicycles for transportation. This little missionary is no exception!

May the Lord bless and keep you!
In the joy of Christ's love,
~amy

No comments: