Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Touching His Garment

I've been praying for visions, for dreams, and God is giving them to me. I'm so excited, and honored, because what is in me through Jesus is capable of changing lives...I'm so excited because Jesus walks beside me! I don't deserve to have the God whose breath gives me life be my friend, but He is, and He wants that, and that totally just BLOWS MY MIND!

I was thinking the other day, when my spirit was full of wind and chatter (a spiritual battle that Jesus conquered for me), that all I need is the hem of His robe, and I'll have all the power I need to get through this life (see Mark 5:27-34); but that's not all. He doesn't just give us a garment, He gives us Himself. He gives us His very person, eternally. I have Jesus beside me, INSIDE ME, forever. That's just amazing.

Dennis Kinlaw, in his book, We Live As Christ, says, "[My wife] can drive me to an airport and watch me fly off to Timbuktu, leaving her behind. But God says, 'I want a relationship closer than that. What I really would like is this: Wherever you go, I go. If I go, you will go there, too.'"

Now that's a relationship I'm glad to enjoy forever.

No comments: