Wednesday, August 22, 2007

updates and life changes

This amazing God I serve has blessed me so abundantly!

Here's an update in pictures:


I
found the love of my life in February. He is Edwin Samson.








In
April I went with my Del Oro Hills Church family to Mexico for a spring break mission trip to El Milagro (the Miracle) orphanage in Ensenada.





In June Del Oro Hills had VBS. It was great fun, and more than 20 children gave their lives to the Lord!








Also in June, I organized and led DCPI's Church Planting Essentials training. We had a great time of vision-sharing and planning with leaders from New Jersey, Texas, Louisiana, California, Arizona, Central Africa Republic, and Kenya!





In July I got to train leaders in the Philippines. I was there with a team from Edwin's church, New Song.







Here we are in front of a volcano in Bicol.








We also made it to Bangkok, Thailand, where we battled the spiritual strongholds of idolatry and atheism.







On July 28, Edwin asked me marry him! We'll get married December 16 of this year.







On August 17 I became the proud aunt of a niece!
Macy Rebecca Loy was born to Jeremy and Sarah Loy, and her big brother, Will.



The next few months promise more busy-ness...
-continued administrative work for DCPI, where God is expanding the ministry to train more and more leaders in more and more nations!
-an upcoming house church planting conference
-research on discipleship
-planning a DCPI event for December
-and planning a wedding!

1 comment:

The Engebretson's said...

Amy,

I am so excited to hear about your engagement and wedding! I know we haven't talked in awhile, but I do get on your blog and xanga page to keep up with all that is going on with you! :-) Again, I am so excited for you!

Love, Hannah