Friday, August 11, 2006

Warfare

Ever been under attack?
The spiritual kind of attack that feels like fingernails pulling up your lung?
The more I get into the work of the Kingdom of God, the more I realize how intensely the enemy of evil wants for our lives to count for nothing, and for all our efforts to share Jesus to fail. This week with DCPI we trained 20 something church planters to go plant churches in America, Venezuela, Russia, Philippines. These leaders represented single churches, but the possibility to impact the planting of multiple churches...all over the world. We're laying the groundwork for church planting movements. Praise the Lord! Never has spiritual battle been more apparent in my life. Tomorrow I leave with a team for Honduras, where we'll train 50-75 church planters. We're tired, we're weak, we're human...but we're fighting for Jesus to reign in churches around the world!

Well, I wanted to be a "warrior princess." I got what I prayed for.
smile.

I'm honored to work for my Lord...honored to share in the battle for souls...scared to death but assured that my God reigns in heaven and earth, and that he has already won the battle!
I'm hurting but not defeated.
As Paul reminds us in 2 Corinthians 12:9, Jesus tells us, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Paul goes on to say, "Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (v10)

ugh...really!? Well, maybe not. Maybe I don't BOAST in my depression, weakness, or pain. BUT! I DO boast in my Lord, who is there through the tears, the loneliness, the battles, the feelings to quit...He is there. He is here. I'll go to battle for Him.

No comments: