Saturday, December 03, 2005

All over the world, and still moving!

Hello, friend. I am glad to greet you in the peace of Christ the Savior! Since my last update, I have been halfway across the world for the Lord’s work! The early part of November took me to Ghana, West Africa, where I worked with Dynamic Church Planting International African leaders to train church planters. In all, 212 people went through the training, and 17 leaders were certified to help train and lead future church planters! Praise the Lord!

In addition to the exciting work of training church planters, as the Director of Dynamic Associate Relations, I have the thrilling job of strategizing with international leaders how to better reach their nations for Christ! It is evident from the stories of these brothers and sisters in the Lord that Jesus is the answer for peace. It is an honor to be a part of an effort that plants strong churches in communities all over the world!

I traveled to Ghana with two of my teammates from DCPI headquarters, Eric Helmbold and Maggie Turner. We had a blast! Not only did we get to participate in training church planters from Ghana, Benin, Liberia, and Nigeria, but we also got to walk across a rope bridge suspended by treetops 95 feet in the air and tour one of the atrocious slave trading castles that once lined the coasts of Western Africa. The people of Ghana are polite and friendly. Their national language is English, and the country is 70% Christian. They have a relatively stable government and growing economy.


While our team was in Ghana, another DCPI team was in Pakistan leading DCPI’s first training in that co
untry. The results were tremendous, with over 300 new church planters trained! As I write, another team is traveling to Venezuela for our first training in that South American country. Also, DCPI’s African Director, Emmanuel Donkoh, with whom we worked in Ghana, is leading a training in Nigeria this month. That makes four trainings on three continents in one month! God is truly blessing our ministry! By the end of the year, DCPI will have trained in 10 countries, training around 2000 leaders!

We praise God for his provision and guidance. It is his vision that we seek to fulfill, and it is He who builds up leaders to spread His name. What a Mighty God we serve!

I am personally preparing for my move to California, which will take place in early January. I will be attending Azusa Pacific University to complete my Master of Religion degree, and classes start January 9! I have so much to do until then, including completing this semester at Wesley Biblical Seminary, and raising support so that I can go be where my job is! In order to make the move, I must have supporters who will prayerfully commit to supporting me financially each month. Is God calling you to be financially involved in impacting the planting of one million churches?

I prayerfully and gratefully move forward into this adventure with Jesus. I am glad to share it with you!

Great joy!

~amy

Pictures from Ghana:


No comments: